On a related note toilet training has also provided a real test for us humans in learning to balance what puppy training guides say vs. the reality of having so many puppies at once. On many occasions we found ourselves at odds with each other and putting pressure on ourselves to try and do "what the book says" when in reality it's a practical impossibility. It's helping us to learn to only do the best we can and not beat ourselves up so much.
So what are some of the things the puppies been up to? In no particular order they have.....
- watched us do an indoor circuit session!?!
- visited a shop
- visited a cafe
- met other (vaccinated) dogs in the house and out and about as well, ranging from younger excited pups to older, calmer dogs.
- seen cats
- stayed with neighbours in ones, twos and as a pack
- had more drives in the van
- walked outside on a dirt track off the lead, following us closely
- discovered digging
- attended the San Jose pirate festival where they saw people in costumes, policeman and got fussed by many people.
- met children